Geeky


Here is my Illustration Friday post for this week...

"Geeky" ....Hmmm another I.F. challenge !..... Looking down the list of postings, men and black glasses feature prominently ! ....I love the render of MR Bean by Malin H.

I admit that I wasn't keen on doing this title, though I was inspired to have a go after flicking through the blogs. ...I think that it's interesting how the word has different associations. It's either naff or cool to be geeky, apparently !..... So, anyway, in a bit of a contrast, here is my attempt, minimally and with a graphical statement, my thoughts were that "a geek" in whatever format is always considered to be " the odd one out "......
...and, er....I confess that the idea was a bit of a tangent really ! ........
I've developed the illustration from a series of images that I'm currently working on which were inspired by some amazing sculptures on our local coastline, "Another place" by Anthony Gormley.

Small Panel 10 x 10cm - Enamel on Copper
Copyright Ruth Ball 2007
This small panel is one of a series that will become part of a larger wall based art work.

3 comments:

studio lolo said...

Great take on the subject Ruth! And I love the enamel piece. Beautiful!

Loni Edwards said...

I love this! Very interesting and intellectual. I too, love the enamel piece as well!

Clau said...

Loved it!
Yours stands out! hehe